Known worldwide by a variety of names such as Jamaica, Karkade and Roselle, Hibiscus has had a long and colorful history dating back to the time of the Pharaohs and the building of the pyramids. In fact, foods and beverages made with extracts derived from Hibiscus have had an excellent track record of safe consumption for hundreds of years.
Our Raw Material
Our raw material is the handpicked, sun dried calyces of the sub-tropical Hibiscus bush (Hibiscus sabdariffa). We have a unique position in the global marketplace having a consistent, reliable and Food Safe raw material suitable for liquid extraction. Our main source of supply has been our trusted farmers in Nigeria and we value our long time special relationship with these families.
Pure & Simple Process
Our concentrated liquid water-based Hibiscus extract is made exclusively using the unique, scientifically based and patented PhytoClean™ Method developed by Mazza Innovation, Delta, BC, Canada. There are no chemicals, preservatives, artificial colors or solvents added or used in our methods (www.mazzainnovation.com).
Our dried Hibiscus Microcrystalline flakes are manufactured using the state-of-the-art gentle, Refractance Window® Dryer process known as G3 (www.gwdryers.com).
Our core business is focused on the industrial food, beverage and cosmetic manufacturers who are using Hibiscus extracts for their unique color and flavor characteristics.
Our typical customer base is comprised of:
- Bottlers of beverages such as teas, fruit juices, soda, energy drinks and functional drinks including enhanced waters
- Manufacturers looking to replace artificial colors
- Manufacturers of flavors and flavor bases
- Confectionary manufacturers of hard and soft candies
- Dry blenders making instant powdered drink mixes
- Manufacturers of concentrated bar and cocktail mixers
- Beer and wine manufacturers
- Dairies making aseptic drinks, ice cream and frozen sorbets
- Cosmetic manufacturers
Showing all 3 results